Monday, October 1, 2012

Galileo: Final and Process

The process for this project has been a good bit of trial and error but in the end I am ok with my final product.
When I set out to create this composition I knew I was going to build something astronomy themed. I decided an orrery, an older style of a solar system model, I knew I had my work cut out for me. It ended up being a mash of parts that I somehow pieced together. I think my progression was good, and I am glad that my have a clear visual progress of improvement.



With the first draft of the photograph I knew that the orrery was too amateur to hold it's own for the composition. I ended up painting a background but the composition was thrown off and ended up looking more like snow than stars. So I turned to the technology of  a projector, and it worked out well. I was able to use a picture of stars to act like a spot light, make a background, and incorporate my text.


I also got to use the CNC Router  for the first time for this project. It was pretty simple, it just took a bit of time to get it planned, then I came in the next day and took about 20 mins to get set up, done, and clean up.


Here is a link to digital inspiration board, the initial stage of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment