Thursday, February 7, 2013

Luca Barcellona

So I made a trek to the Foundations Department earlier today to visit with Carl Kurtz. I must say having  Carl as a professor is one of the greatest honors I have had. In his workshop I learned a boat load: the art of book making, craft, and most importantly about myself.

It was great to catch up with him, and I even got to sit in on the beginning of his calligraphy workshop. During this he showed a video of a current caligraphy artist, Luca Barcellona. Luca's background was graffiti , and he said that calligraphy found him. I saw some things in the video that reminded me of what we working on for my Typography 2 class with type as image, and the way some of his compositions come together. So this is the video.
 

P.S. Sorry about the white text over white background, its still a good video

No comments:

Post a Comment