Monday, October 7, 2013

[Final Animations] Starlight, and A Carafe that is Blind Glass by Gertrude Stein


Starlight from Monica Roesner on Vimeo.
A Carafe that is a Blind Glass from Monica Roesner on Vimeo.

Here they are! Overall I think they are successful because they convey the concept, but I think they could still use some refinement.

For Starlight I had the happy accident of messing with filters in iMovie and I think that worked out to my advantage. When the piece was in black type it felt heavy and dingy, but with the change to white type it gave it more life and a more "mystical" feeling. I purposefully wanted it to be jumpy because of my concept of fragmentation, but I think it probably could slow down in a few spots.

For a Carafe that is a Blind Glass,  I think I might have gotten caught up in the technical side, and can show a little bit of digital residue but for the most part I feel like this was also a successful animation. I hope I found a a good balance of legibility and fragmentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment