Friday, February 14, 2014

Pro-Practice Writing

Resume

I am an energetic optimist, with a passion for design.  Creative problem solving and collaboration are my strengths and I assume leadership roles well. I look forward to the opportunities where I can be a benefit your business.
                       
Foot Traffic    June 2013–Present
I started as a designer at Foot Traffic with the intent of only working for one summer, but ended up staying on with them part time. I regularly design website and email graphics, photograph and edit product shots, catalogue design, package design, and I manage their social media.

AIGA Student Officer: Documentarian        August 2013 ­– present
I document (photograph) the KCAI student chapter of AIGA. This requires going to events, and being highly involved in the group, as well as having a leadership role in the chapter.

Graphic Design USA Student to Watch       Febuary 2014
I was selected as one of 25 students to be featured in the magazine’s annual students to watch section. I was nominated by my professors, and achieved this honor as a junior, when traditionally a senior is chosen.
http://gdusa.com/issue_2014/january/stw/monica-roesner.php

Nelson-Atkins Internship     August 2013–November 2013
I was one of a few select students to have a graphic design internship for a semester at the museum. The internship included 90 contact hours. I worked on a variety of projects from branding, invitations, posters, and learned production skills.

Student Leadership Team   Spring Semester of 2013
I was the sophomore representative for the Graphic Design department for the school wide student leadership team. Each department’s professors can select up to three representatives to participate in the group. Students are required to discuss with peers about school wide issues and present them to the team with discussion of possible solutions.

Education: Kansas City Art Institute           Fall Semester of 2011 to Present
4415 Warwick Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64111 800-522-5224
Completed Sophomore Year in Graphic Design
GPA: 3.73

CV (the small differences from my resumer)

Baskin Robbins May 2013-August 2013
Providing excellent customer service while servign customer, and also acting as a leader in the shop. I was a key-holder and responsible for directing younger workers in closing the store, dropping cash registers, and preparing the store for the next day.
References 
Michael Kidwell
Kansas City Art Institute
Assistant Professor and Interim Chair
816.802.3546
mkidwell@kcai.edu

Marty Maxwell Lane
Kansas City Art Institute
Assistant Professor
816.802.3541
mlane@kcai.edu

Nancy Ornce
Foot Traffic
816.868.8130
nancynjo@ yahoo.com

MicheleBoeckholt
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Manager, Graphic Design
816.751.1352
mboeckholt@nelson-atkins.org

Bio

            Monica Roesner is a born and raised Coloradoan that’s always had a passion for beauty. While her heart remains with the mountains, she is currently in Kansas City pursuing a BFA in graphic Design at the Kansas City Art Institute (KCAI). She is an energetic optimist, with a passion for design. From a young age all forms of art wooed Monica, but she originally “fell” for graphic design back in high school. After joining the school newspaper staff on a whim she discovered that design concepting and creating layouts is where her true passions laid.
Monica is currently a Junior at KCAI, and during her attendance she has better developed her concepting and layout skills, as well as gained skills in typography, web and video design. She has been able to put this skills to work while working for a company called Foot Traffic, and being a Design Intern at the Nelson-Atkins. She looks forward to another year of learning and having more professional experience.


Artist Statement


            I love the visual world. I love words. I love thinking. I love structure. To me, it’s no wonder that I ended up a designer.  I can do all the things my heart desires in one place. Along my design journey I’ve discovered a deep love for books, typography, and image making. Yet I want more. I want to explore all types of media that design covers and see what roads I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment